Block Dock - Black
This Block DockTM vertical soap dish is made from aluminium and is powder-coated in hardwearing, long-lasting matte black paint. If your bathroom has black tapware this Block DockTM will be totally on point.
The Block DockTM safely stores all shapes, sizes and brands of bars and bars for every purpose. These days nearly everything you habitually used in a bottle now comes as a bar. Thinking outside the bathroom is welcomed.
This Block DockTM is WIDE size and weighs just 30 grams. It is 8.45cm wide, 5.6cm tall and 4.35cm deep. It fits bars up to 3.8cm in depth – the shortest side of your bar. It is an especially good fit for Ethique’s hair and body bars, MiaBelle’s hair bars, Fair + Square Soapery soap, and indeed…all other bars when new and until they are finished.
As bars change in shape and volume with use, some manual adjustment may be needed. Placing the bottom of the bar to the front of the Block DockTM and the top to the back will help ensure safest keeping. If your bar is a tight fit to begin with, just pinch the legs at the base together and it will pop up a little so you can more easily grab it. Soon enough it will slip in and out with ease.
Rectangular bars sit best when placed at the front of the Block DockTM when new.
Bars that are extra wide, super long or very heavy are best cut in two before use.
The Block DockTM will keep your bar in good condition for use right to its very last sliver. When it’s that tiny, use it flat in your hand or piggy-back it onto your next bar when wet to avoid any waste.
ADHERES TO YOUR SHOWER WALL OR INSIDE YOUR BATH, BASIN OR SINK
A suction cup comes with each Block DockTM soap dish to enable vertical mounting. Wet the back with water to activate it. Be sure to locate your Block DockTM outside of direct water spray!
The suction cup WILL adhere to glass, mirror, acrylic, vitreous china, steel and most genuinely smooth tiles. It will NOT adhere to textured tiles, paint etc because the suction cup cannot form the vacuum it needs to work. If this is your situation, it is best to suction to nearby glass. You can use a CommandTM brand water resistant strip or ScotchTM brand double-sided tape if it suits your surface. Additional holes in the back of the Block DockTM make it possible for you to thread a cable tie or stainless wire through for tying onto a shower rail or nearby fixture as an alternative.
Please be sure to read the tips on installation and care (link below) including solutions for suction cup unsucking!
If you would like an additional pvc suction cup with your purchase, find it here. If you have a shower dome, you'll want to pick up spares for moving your Block DockTM to the fresh air occasionally.
If you would like to switch to a natural rubber suction cup or purchase an additional one, find it here.
With the Block DockTM vertical soap dish and shampoo bar with suction your bathing and beauty routines will be better by bar! And cleaning is quick and easy. Just slip it off the suction cup and give it a clean while you shower each week or so - with a thorough dry to follow. With your good care, your Block DockTM should stay in tip top condition for the long haul. It doesn't suit the dishwasher so please don't be tempted by that. The Block DockTM bonus is the time you save on cleaning the bathroom, without all that bottle clutter and spillage - and the ick of traditional soap dishes! Who can say no to that?
The Block DockTM soap dish was born in Riverton, Southland and is MADE IN NEW ZEALAND.
Here's What You Need to Know About Installation and Care [Must Read]
Oh Hello and welcome to Block DockTM ownership. Your life is about to be better by bar!
This nifty vertical soap dish is designed and made in New Zealand. It will dry your bar fast, so it lasts longer, stays solid and is pleasant to use. Whether you use bars for hair, face, hands, or body (hopefully for all), you will get more value from every bar ever stored in it.
In time the Block DockTM will start saving you money because you will ultimately buy fewer bars overall. For committed bar users, it is more expensive NOT to have a Block DockTM than to invest in one.
HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT INSTALLATION AND CARE
Each Block DockTM vertical soap dish and shampoo bar holder is made from aluminium which is powder coated for durability. A suction cup for mounting is included. The Block DockTM is available in a range of colours.
The Block DockTM fits all shapes, sizes and brands of bars, and bars for every purpose. The shortest side of the bar can be up to 4cm deep. Slimmer bars store well too. It is simple to manually adjust the distribution of weight within the Block DockTM for stable storage, if needed.
The Block DockTM soap dish does its best ‘no-mess’ work when side-mounted to smooth surfaces where residue can run to a drain. It is perfect for shower walls and the insides of baths, basins and sinks, including oval and round shaped ones.
The suction cup WILL adhere to glass, mirror, vitreous china, steel, acrylic, and most smooth tiles.
The suction cup will NOT adhere to textured tiles, paint, and other porous surfaces because it cannot form the vacuum needed to work. If your glass has been coated with water stain protectant, it may not suction there either. If nothing has successfully suctioned to your surface before it will be the same for this suction cup.
Please give due consideration to whether your surfaces are suitable for any of the Block DockTM installation options and do not proceed if you perceive any risk.
- Locate your Block DockTM soap dish outside of direct water spray to prolong the life of your bar. Use your shampoo, conditioner, or soap bar straight onto your wet hair or body. It does not need extra time under water. Put your bar back into the Block DockTM when you are done.
- The Block DockTM is designed to allow air flow around all sides which enables your bar to dry fast and last. When your bar stays solid you won’t lose your money to mush!
- In basins and sinks it is a good idea to suction the Block DockTM to the inside the bowl and outside the fall of the tap water. In the bath it should be placed above the water level. This approach allows you to keep your surfaces clear and lessens cleaning time - because any residue drains directly away to a drain. Bonus!
- Clean the suction cup and the surface you want the Block DockTM soap dish to adhere to. Use isopropyl alcohol if needed and it is suitable for your surface.
- Thoroughly wet the back of the suction cup with water and place it in your desired location. Press hard on the head of the suction cup where you want it to stay. Check the whole of the suction cup is flat against your surface and stays put. Give it some time to be sure it has strongly adhered.
- Slip your Block DockTM over the head of the suction cup, pulling it down to fit tight in the top of the keyhole on the back face of the Dock.
- Add any shampoo, conditioner, or soap bar.
- If your bar is extra-wide, extra-long or especially heavy, cut it into pieces for use. If you are using a rectangular bar in a wide Block DockTM position it hard against the front flanges for stability.
- If your bar is not sitting comfortably, angle it with the top towards the back of the Block DockTM and the bottom towards the front. As bars change their shape and weight from time to time, you may need to adjust their placement after use for stability. You can also adjust the Block DockTM itself slightly from side to side while attached to the suction cup adhered to achieve balance.
- If your bar feels a little tight when new, gently pinch the legs of the Block DockTM together to give the bar a boost up. Within a couple of uses your bar will move in and out with ease.
- When your bar becomes small, begin to store it horizontally or lightly press it to the inner side of the soap dish. Use it in the flat of your hand until the last sliver disappears or attach it to your next bar while both bars are wet. In this way you can avoid any wastage.
- When you want to change the location of your Block DockTM soap dish simply lift the small tag on the suction cup and the suction will break.
IF YOUR SURFACE WON’T STICK TRY THESE IDEAS
- Give your suction cup a 10-minute soak in a cup of hot water then try the installation steps again, leaving time between each step - overnight is good.
Suction to the nearest glass surface.
Use the two multipurpose holes in the back of the Block DockTM soap dish to thread a cable tie (the best option for a tight fit), stainless wire, twist tie or similar through. Then tie tight around the shower rail or other fixture.
- Try a CommandTM brand wet/dry bath strip or ScotchTM brand outdoor mounting tape on the back of the Block DockTM. Always check if suitable for your surface before using.
- If your surface allows it, install with flat-head screws.
Wipe the Block DockTM soap dish clean with your finger while showering and then dry it completely. To keep it in tip top condition, clean weekly.
Your suction cup will also benefit from a regular clean. Soap residue on its back is best cleaned with isopropyl alcohol. In time the suction cup may need to be replaced if it begins to deteriorate.
With your good care the Block DockTM will give you many years of soap-saving service.
Take care not to scratch or penetrate the powder coating, and never put the Block DockTM in a dishwasher as these actions will reduce its lifespan.
If you have a Shower Dome® Shower Top or similar, be sure to give your bars some time in fresh air every few days. If your bar has gone soft, it needs time outside the shower. The Block DockTM will adhere to the outside of your glass or acrylic shower or stand on the flat in a ventilated area.
Your efforts to reduce plastic waste by ditching products in bottles and switching to replacements in solid bars for all your handwashing, haircare, bathing, and beauty needs are absolutely worth it.
- Think of the plastic bottles that will not be produced, and the fossil fuels not used up in that process. Think of the plastic waste saved from oceans and waterways, and the microplastics saved from littering our landscapes.
- Consider the volume of water savings, since bottles of liquid soap and shampoo are largely full of it, while a bar is concentrated goodness activated with water you are already using.
- Now clean and easy to achieve with the Block DockTM, making the simple swap from products in plastic bottles to replacements in solid bars will contribute to positive environmental change at not insignificant levels. Consider your own product use over a lifetime, then multiply that volume by everyone participating in this 'better by bar' movement. Who will you help to join?
- Designed to dry bars fast so they last, the Block DockTM soap dish will deliver more value from every bar you store in it, so over time you will buy fewer bars. It will save you both money and mess, with less time spent on bathroom cleaning too - because there are no soggy bars or messy dishes.
- Being small in scale, it is easy to fit multiples in your shower. Everyone can have their own bar, for everything, and no longer will you need to share your favourite soap. You can joyfully buy bars at markets and from soap makers in your community safe in the knowledge that your Block DockTM soap dish will keep them in good shape for use.
- Well designed and with a hardwearing finish, the Block DockTM soap dish (without the suction cup) is 100% recyclable at end of life. Being made from aluminium, it can be generally expected to hold value should it enter the waste stream.
I created the Block DockTM vertical soap dish and shampoo bar holder to make switching from bottles to bars easy and rewarding for you (and me) and I would love to know how you go using it.
Please visit www.theblockdock.com and leave a review or share a photo on Facebook, Pinterest or Instagram: @theblockdock
I welcome your thoughts directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here’s to the health of our planet and to never suffering soggy soap again!
Shipping & Packaging
*thank you in advance for your patience with extended shipping times to Australia during the Covid-19 pandemic*
We have a few shipping options for you to choose from at checkout and have kept prices as low as possible. We ship throughout NZ and Australia, and to other international destinations on request.
These are the prices for everyday-sized orders:
Within New Zealand Courier Post Tracked - Urban $6.00
Within New Zealand Courier Post Tracked - Rural Delivery $8.90
We offer free New Zealand shipping for orders $100 and over
In New Zealand deliveries are made within a few days of your order.
To Australia (NZ Post International Air Small Parcel Semi-Tracked) $10.00
To Australia (NZ Post Courier Fully-Tracked) $30.00
We offer free Australian shipping (NZ Post International Air Small Parcel Semi-Tracked) for orders $150 and over
Standard deliveries to Australia will generally take around 10 working days or so (longer at peak times and presently because there is less freight capacity crossing the Tasman).
International Air Small Parcels are not officially tracked, but the notification you receive from NZPost when your Block Docks start their journey now shows their progress to the point of reaching your closest Australian Sorting Centre. After that they're in the hands of AusPost to get to your door. Covid-related delays can mean it can take up to a month to get all the way to your door.
NZ Post Courier tracked parcels (the $30 option) to Australia have a 2 - 6 day delivery window following confirmation of uplift. Again, with Covid this seems to be slower.
As an example for other destinations, below are the likely costings but please email me email@example.com with your full address and desired order and I can work out your specific costs.
USA, Canada, UK, France (NZ Post International Air Small Parcel Not Tracked, order value up to $250NZD, sent at buyer's risk and local customs fees if any are buyer's responsibility) $30.00
USA, Canada, UK, France (NZ Post Courier Tracked, order value up to $250NZD, sent at buyer's risk and local customs fees if any are buyer's responsibility) $65.00
If you are from beyond the identified shores, email me with your full address and ideal order items and I can work out the price for your destination.
If you have a greater than household sized order planned or for some reason you need a different arrangement contact me firstname.lastname@example.org
Like the product, its packaging is simple and sensible.
The Powdercoated Aluminium Block DockTM comes nude (no wrapping) in a cardboard box with suction cup. The wrapping has no real duty since they have a very hard-wearing surface and won't scratch each other if there's more than one in a box.
The Block DockTM box(es) come to you in a certified home compostable trackpak sized to suit. Our labels aren't yet compostable unfortunately - so they need to be cut from the trackpak before composting it. We get our bags from R3Pack and they have the icon for Home Compostable AS5810 ABAP20001 on them. They are plastic free and cannot be recycled. If you don't have a home compost system, please will you ask a friend or neighbour who does to compost for you.
Only your products will be in your shipment. All other information is on the website and you are welcome to email me with questions and feedback. Your order will be confirmed directly via Shopify following your transaction and its shipping info will be notified via the NZPost system when they take possession of your goods. If you don't receive a notification please check your junk or spam and if it's not their either please email me and I'll follow up for you.
Our supporting information is easily accessed online so please check it out - before you buy and again afterwards if you need to.
Please message or email me with feedback or questions. All is welcomed.
Thank you for using bars and ordrering Block DockTM soap dishes to store them. I'd love to see your review on our website and a pic of your Block DockTM on location. Please send one here when you're ready.
Maker of the Block DockTM
I had been wanting to switch from plastic bottles to soap for a long time, but the soap holder options were ugly and left the soap slimy. Block dock is not only good looking it keeps my soap dry and tidy.
Love the black colour way, mounted in both my bathroom sinks where my kids can easily use and one in the shower, no more mushy soap! Such an amazing product
I love my block docks! They came super quick and are now mounted in my shower looking after my shampoo and conditioner bars. They stick perfectly to the wall (mine is tiles) and stay in place.
I'll be ordering more as soon as I can :)
Love that it dries the soap and there are no soapy puddles in the holder. I have one in each bathroom. Love the black colour too.
Love my Block Docks. I bought black and look fabulous in my shower in my en-suite. They are a quality product and super easy to install.
I will be buying more for the family bathroom.
Love having a soap stand that is so gorgeous and works perfectly. No more damp soap. And when teamed with beautiful colourful soap it is a piece of bathroom art. Love it.
These are awesome - I was using solid shampoo and conditioner but found what I was using such a pain so gave up.
I also use a solid face wash bar which this is perfect for! I need more though so I can go back to solid shampoo/conditioner!
I have mine stuck to the shower wall above the shower head so nice and dry!
So glad I purchased the block dock to hold my shampoo and conditioner bars - I hadn't realised how soggy they were getting until I started storing them in the block dock. Now they hold their shape and are lasting much longer (not to mention they've stopped falling off the shelf and onto the shower floor..). These are excellent little gadgets. Super easy to install and look great. Highly recommend :)
Very happy with my block dock purchase. Finally a soap block that keeps my soap nice and dry! Well done guys, would highly recommend :)
Perfect for keeping my soap/shampoo bars dry. Fabulous design and I love that I could get my Block Docks in black to go with my bathroom decor